Re: Directory Trees

Rob (
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 20:59:09 -0500

From: "Rob" <>
To: Tim Bagot <>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 20:59:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Directory Trees

On 11 Oct 97, Tim Bagot <> wrote:

> I think it would be useful to have another list-like element which could
> be nested to produce collapsible trees. This would also be useful for long
> lists of contents, permitting painless navigation of several levels of
> subheadings.

At this point in HTML's history and use, it would be better to have it as
a style-sheet attribute.

Or better yet, browsers which give a compressed table-of-contents view of
a page showing all headings, lists, and anchors.

"The word to 'kill' ain't dirty    | Robert Rothenburg
 I used it in the last line        |
 but use the short word for lovin' |
 and Dad you wind up doin' time."  | PGP'd mail welcome (ID 0x5D3F2E99)