Re: html 4.0

Jordan Reiter (
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 12:20:06 -0500

Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 12:20:06 -0500
To: Carol Jensen <>
From: Jordan Reiter <>
Subject: Re: html 4.0

=7FCarol Jensen felt an urge to reveal at 4:52 PM -0000 on 11/24/97:

> I still miss both tab and the ability to specify column colors in
> hexidecimals. Who cares about table colors, except those making very
> specific and complicated tables? Whereas all of us that know virtually
> nothing about graphics are forced to make a one-by-1600 pixel red/white .g=
> in order to get a red column down the left side. God knows how one does
> Carol Jensen

This is NOT a mailing list for HTML problems.  It is a mailing list to
discuss issues relating to HTML specification, and standardization.  If you
have authoring difficulties, there are many newsgroups and mailing lists
which can offer you assistance.

Try, which has a searchable catalog of mailing lists.
A cursory search showed a listing of 66 different e-mail discussion groups
using the search term "html"--you can sort through them yourself. :-)

[           Jordan Reiter                             ]
[  "It's well known that dead people are all sick     ]
[   because they're too depressing."                  ]
[   -- from ]