Re: Another attribute for A tag

Ingo Macherius (Ingo.Macherius@tu-clausthal.de)
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 15:41:48 +0100 (MET)

Subject: Re: Another attribute for A tag
To: Drazen.Kacar@public.srce.hr (Drazen Kacar)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 15:41:48 +0100 (MET)
Cc: www-html@w3.org
From: Ingo Macherius <Ingo.Macherius@tu-clausthal.de>

> So I'd like to add REFERENCES attribute to A tag which should contain
> message IDs for mailto: URLs.
> It should be trivial to implement that in browsers.
I'd suggest not to overload the <a> tag any more but to support a <link>
tag, eg. <link rev="reference" href="mailto:listowner@your.com">. It's the
same story as with the <A ALTSRC=""> suggestion, if any need is mapped to
an attributte, HTML moves further and further away from the SGML paradigma.
Note that cougar has already more different attributes than it has
differentt tags. I'd call this a procedural markup language in disguise.
	++im

--
Snail : Ingo Macherius // L'Aigler Platz 4 // D-38678 Clausthal-Zellerfeld
Mail  : Ingo.Macherius@tu-clausthal.de WWW: http://www.tu-clausthal.de/~inim/