Another attribute for A tag

Drazen Kacar (
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 14:36:09 +0100 (MET)

From: Drazen Kacar <>
Subject: Another attribute for A tag
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 14:36:09 +0100 (MET)

I'm working on a HTML gateway to mailing list archive and I'd like
to put a mailto: URL on articles in case the person reading it wants
to answer to the list. It isn't a problem to put that tag on HTML
page, but all references to the previous articles will be lost and
putting that answer in the appropriate thread would be impossible.

No, I don't think that Subject matching can be called threading.

So I'd like to add REFERENCES attribute to A tag which should contain
message IDs for mailto: URLs.
It should be trivial to implement that in browsers.

They work 24 hours a day and 256 days a year  --