Re: Frames - Problems

Arnoud (
Thu, 03 Jul 1997 11:54:22 +0200

From: (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
Subject: Re: Frames - Problems
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 11:54:22 +0200

In article <>,
scott raymond <> wrote:
> I can't say I've ever dealt with that before. The name of the tag (BASE)
> and the name of the attribute (TARGET) are case-insensitive, however, the
> value of the attribute does not have to be. Since the TARGET attribute is
> a netscapism, I'm not surprised that it only works lower-case.

TARGET="fOOObaR" works just fine, as long as you have a frame
with a name of "fOOObaR" in your frameset. It's just that if you
use the four reserved names, you MUST use lower case, because
that's how Netscape defines them. "_TOP" is an invalid frame name
because they may not start with an underscore.

E-mail: .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <>