Re: Frames - Problems

Patrick Meidl (P.Meidl@KLIVV.OEAW.AC.AT)
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 18:16:34 MET-1MEST

From: "Patrick Meidl" <P.Meidl@KLIVV.OEAW.AC.AT>
To: Andre-John Mas <amas@lhr-sys.DHL.COM>, www-html@w3.org
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 18:16:34 MET-1MEST
Subject: Re: Frames - Problems

> Erm, I have just tried out a page using frames under Netscape 3.1
> and found that instead of opening the link in the same window, it
> actually creates a new windows (I set the TARGET to _PARENT), as
> opposed to openning the link in the same windows.

you have to set target to "_top" to get the effect you are looking
for, this works with NSN and MSIE, in my experience.

*patrick*

Patrick Meidl
Konrad Lorenz-Institut fuer Vergleichende Verhaltensforschung
Savoyenstr. 1A, A-1160 Vienna, Austria
Tel +43-1-486 21 21-51
Fax +43-1-486 21 21-28
Tel/Fax (home) +43-1-33 40 325