Re: THEAD & TFOOT for columns

Jordan Reiter (
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 23:22:46 -0400

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 23:22:46 -0400
To: jptxs <>, Jeni Tennison <jft@Psychology.Nottingham.AC.UK>
From: Jordan Reiter <>
Subject: Re: THEAD & TFOOT for columns

At 1:51 PM -0000 8/15/97, jptxs wrote:
>... and in most of these it would be nice to have either the rightmost or
>leftmost column being static.
>then why not use frames?

That's a visual aspect, not informational.  If, for example, you want to
print the whole table out or save it to disk, you couldn't.  You could do
something that imitated this if you simply copied the tables over on one
side but still placed them in the main document as well, but then the
problem of keeping the two columns (one in the scrolling frame, the other
in the static frame) identical in content would be very difficult,
particularly for dynamically generated information.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]