Re: style sheets, dropped capitals and floatimg text

Gregory Martin Pfeil (pfeilgm@jmu.edu)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 14:30:56 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 14:30:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gregory Martin Pfeil <pfeilgm@jmu.edu>
To: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>
cc: www-html@atomism.demon.co.uk, www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: style sheets, dropped capitals and floatimg text

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Jordan Reiter wrote:

> I can't remember the exact term for it, but the first letter of a paragraph
> can be acted on StyleSheet-wise.  Here's the code, which, incidentally,
> isn't supported widely (sorry).  Anyone out there who sees a mistake in the
> code, please correct.
>
> P:first-letter { size: xx-large; float: left }

Yeah, I see a mistake, it should be 'font-size:' not 'size'.  Also, as you
mentioned, and as I forgot to mention in my post, it isn't supported much
yet, but hopefully that will change soon.

--
Gregory Martin Pfeil                Programmer-Composer-Guitarist
mailto:pfeilgm@jmu.edu            http://falcon.jmu.edu/~pfeilgm/