Re: style sheets, dropped capitals and floatimg text

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 12:27:08 -0400, Jordan Reiter
<jreiter@mail.slc.edu> wrote:
(snip)
>I can't remember the exact term for it, but the first letter of a paragraph
>can be acted on StyleSheet-wise.  Here's the code, which, incidentally,
>isn't supported widely (sorry).  Anyone out there who sees a mistake in the
>code, please correct.
>
>P:first-letter { size: xx-large; float: left }

Thanks, however it seems to have not effect in MSIE :-( and
at the moment I can't seen to get Netscape to use externally
referenced style sheets at all...

I'd really like small, quick browser that supports style
sheets and does not have all the junk (rubbish news readers
etc) that the latest over bloated version of Communicator
has.

Chris

chris@atomism.demon.co.uk
http://www.atomism.demon.co.uk/