Re: %flow and headers and address

Dave Carter (
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 08:47:23 +0100 (BST)

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 08:47:23 +0100 (BST)
From: Dave Carter <>
To: Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet <>
Subject: Re: %flow and headers and address

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet wrote:

> In article <>,
> Peter Flynn <> wrote:
> > I'm producing a composite HTMLX.DTD which will replace this and much
> > else, as I see no good reason why advanced users of HTML should be
> > penalised by 3.2
> Then why aren't you using the Cougar DTD instead? HTML 3.2 is
> only intended as a replacement for HTML 2.0, not for 3.0.
> As I said on c.i.w.a.h., can we finally stop the "3.2 is less than
> 3.0!" debate and start working on something useful?
> Galactus

Not unless somebody is working on something useful, and it sounds as if
Peter is working on the most useful thing I have heard of for a while.
For me the critical difference is whether it includes <MATH>. If Peter's
draft does include <MATH> (the HTML 3.0 <MATH> that is) then I for one
will be eternally grateful and will most certainly use it.

Dave Carter