Re: The Final Word On HTML (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 20:30:00 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: The Final Word On HTML (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 20:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time Carl Morris shaped the electrons to say...
>Yea, write doom in basic for god sakes....  or java, or ...  be my
>guest... when you fail...  then tell me those are not languages...

HTML is not a programming language.

I want to see you write a simple if-else statement in HTML.  Hell, ANY
statement that consitutes a logical function.

HTML is a Markup Language, that's it.  Stop trying to use broken logic to
claim it is something else.  HTML does *NOTHING* programatically.  It marks
up content to give *clues* about how to display things.  The browser is
the program, not the HTML.  Again, claiming HTML is a programming language
is the same as claiming the field delimiters in a database are a programming
language.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566
See me in person: Internet Expo, Boston, MA, October 16-17, Booth 422 ;-)