Re: end tags...

Stephanos Piperoglou (
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 01:17:57 +0300 (EET DST)

Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 01:17:57 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Stephanos Piperoglou <>
To: Sunil Mishra <>
Subject: Re: end tags...

On Sun, 22 Sep 1996, Sunil Mishra wrote:

> \\ <P><FONT>Hello There</P>
> In this case, the HTML is broken. I believe you have the option of either
> there. The latter would be the most prudent thing to do. I don't think
> there is a "correct" answer for error recovery.

Well, since phrase markup is not allowed to cross block elements the
assumption would be that the author intended to close the FONT tag. So I
think a browser that would like to cover author's tracks should end the FONT
right there with the /P.

 If my opinions were my employers', they'd be pretty wierd opinions.
         Stephanos Piperoglou <*>
"I want peace on earth and good will toward man"
"We're the United States Government, we don't do that sort of thing!"
                              - Whistler and Abbot from `Sneakers'

                                            ...oof porothika! (tm)