Re: PROPOSAL FOR A MULTI-COLUMN SELECT ELEMENT WITHIN A FORM FIELD

At 10:50 AM 8/30/96 -0600, Greg A. Smith wrote:

>The inclusion of the MSELECT element in HTML 3.2 will greatly simplify
>and accelerate the development of HTML database applications.

The multicolumn listbox is a very common device useful for input, output and
data navigation on many platforms. I agree that it is a reasonable extension
to the Web's forms capabilities. Even Netscape uses a device like this for
choosing helper applications (in the Windows version at least). In fact, if
you go through Netscape's entire preferences notebook, this device is the
only one that cannot be done in HTML.

 Paul Prescod