Re: Has anyone constructed DTDs for MS IE 3.0 and/or latest Netscape??

In message <199608302237.AA273914629@inet.dp.beckman.com>, Matt Heffron writes:
>I've looked on both companies' web sites and didn't find them, so
>I thought that someone on this list might have constructed one or
>the other DTD.  (We're going to construct our own "intersection+"
>DTD defining want we want to consider as acceptable and then make
>our HTML developers validate against it.

Actually, the HTML 3.2 DTD is supposed to fulfill this need.
Can you comment on how you found it lacking?

>  (Finally, mgmt. support
>for requiring validation.))

Yes, we're finally winning the war.

>PS.  Is there a good overview of DTDs that provides a bit more info
>on construction (vs. just reading).  Its one thing to be able to read
>one, another to be able to modify one.

Well... I figure most folks learn to write by reading. So
here's a whole pile of DTDs..

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/html-pubtext/

Submissions welcome.

Dan