Re: HTML is declarative on purpose [was: Web neurons ]

This is true, of course.  Any information that is bound
at run time requires an application be "run".  But
this is also an issue close to the heart of what I
suggest is going on:  people need to define
executable applications, and some want to do it
in the context of a document-centric system.
That this violates or strains the HTML application
language is inevitable, but the answer is not
to relentlessly extend HTML, but to define
another Web language for that purpose.
Applets are a different issue from JavaScript.
An applet is a parameterized call to an
external handler.  The indexing engine
shouldn't look in that box except to note
that a call exists and perhaps what it
calls if that is useful indexable information.

Separating the control classes, the content
classes, and the script classes into
separate DTDs is one approach.  Consider
that identifying variants by extending
the formal public identifier equates to
this.

len bullard