Re: Font-style vs. phrase elements

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Daniel W. Connolly wrote:
> p.s. I still haven't seen much in the form of suggested wording
> for a spec, test cases, example documents, ... (with the noteable
> exception Joe English's DTD comments.)

I'm willing to quickly whip up a 'Stricter' version of the HTML 3.2 DTD that
uses marked sections to remove FONT and CENTER, to remove PCDATA from the
content model of BODY and DIV and maybe even restrict the content model
of BODY to just include DIV and restrict the placement of headings to the
first element of a DIV. It could be called "HTML 3.2 Structured"

Would anybody be interested?

Note: Any browser supporting HTML 3.2 would automatically support HTML
3.2 Structured so there are no problems about document instances breaking
current browsers.

James K. Tauber / jtauber@library.uwa.edu.au
University CWIS Coordination Officer
The University of Western Australia