Scripts, attributes and CRLF
Sat, 18 May 1996 00:14:35 -0400

Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 00:14:35 -0400
Subject: Scripts, attributes and CRLF

How are attribute scripts that contain CRLF going to be handled? In some
languages CRLF is significant as a statement terminator. I believe this is
true of Javascript. Standard SGML removes the CRLF.

For example <INPUT type=submit onClick="function_one()

Does CRLF in an attribute needs to be preserved? Is this yet another Netscape
deviation from SGML?

Jon Smirl

PS. I can't stand the Netscape notation and I wish all scripts were collected
in one place like stylesheets. The stylesheet CLASS/ID notation could easily
be used to attach scripts to elements. A CLASS could be especially powerful
when scripting.