Take note Dan

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Mon, 13 May 1996 14:55:11 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Take note Dan
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 14:55:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Just wanted to draw Dan's attention, here is a single technical point
for you.  (BTW, it doesn't get said often enough - your work is appreciated.)

Once upon a time Warren Steel shaped the electrons to say...
>   But HTML still needs a block element with Captions and
>Credits for a broad spectrum of writing, from scientific
>reports to creative fiction!  If this is truly possible in
>the new draft, I'd like to see it explained.  Otherwise, I'd
>like to see the CAPTION and CREDIT restored to the <OBJECT>
>draft, for text that will appear *with* the embedded image
>or animation, not instead of it.

I strongly agree with this.  As has come up recently, <OBJECT> already
supports many of the features in the <FIG> proposal, but these two
important features have been left out.  After the recent discussion I
reviewed both of the proposals and I think these two features from <FIG>
are what is really needed to make <OBJECT> a solid replacement for it.
Then we can lay <FIG> to rest and not have duplicated efforts.

-MZ
--
Although I work for Livingston Enterprises Technical Support, I alone am
responsible for everything contained herein.  So don't waste my managers'