Re: <math>, <fig>, ... (fwd)

Fisher Mark (
Fri, 10 May 96 15:42:00 PDT

From: Fisher Mark <>
To: "'Paul Prescod'" <>
Cc: www-html <>
Subject: Re: <math>, <fig>, ... (fwd)
Date: Fri, 10 May 96 15:42:00 PDT

>The problem is that the more formatting stuff gets into the language, the
>more formatting stuff _will_ get into the language. "HTML isn't really
>platform independant has _elements_ for _centering_ for gawd's
>sake! And FONT face control elements! How can you call that platform

Not if stylesheets get there first -- and likely they will
(<URL:> and
<URL:>).  Stylesheets
(and editors more sophisticated than vi or Notepad) will offer a lot more
power, a lot faster, than the "presentational tag soup" we have to deal with
Mark Leighton Fisher                   Thomson Consumer Electronics                   Indianapolis, IN