Re: (OFF-TOPIC, for education, Fwd) Science Project Fair

Thu, 9 May 1996 11:22:54 -0400

Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 11:22:54 -0400
Subject: Re: (OFF-TOPIC, for education, Fwd) Science Project Fair

          The project is over.
          and they still receive over 50,000 messages a week.
          they don't want them.
          they don't need them.
          don't write them

           I recieved the following across my desktop
          and thought it was worth some hits for placing OFF-TOPIC
          mail to the list.

This is to help the students experiments along...

--- Forwarded mail from

>Originally Posted To:
>>Date:         Fri, 3 May 1996 09:58:55 -0400
>>Sender:       Methods of Teaching Mathematics <TEACHMAT@UICVM.UIC.EDU>
>>From:         Peggy R Shearin <pshearin@WARREN.CES.NCSU.EDU>
>>Subject:      Science Fair Project
>>>Hi, our names are Stevie and Amanda. We are in the 5th grade at
>>>the Phillipston Memorial school, Phillipston, Massachusetts, USA.
>>>We are doing a science project on the Internet. We want to see
>>>how many responses we can get back in two weeks. (We are only
>>>sending out 2 letters).
>>>Please respond and then send this letter to anyone you
>>>communicate with on the Internet.
>>>Respond to
>>>1. Where do you live (state and country)?
>>>2. From whom did you get this letter?
>>>Thank you,
>>>Stevie and Amanda

---End of forwarded mail

Kevin J. Dyer					Draper Laboratory  MS 23.
Email: <>		        555 Tech. Sq.
Phone: 617-258-4962				Cambridge, MA 02139
FAX: 617-258-2121
   "The unhandyman: You know you're out of your depth when a visit
    to Home Depot feels like a physics seminar at MIT" - John Powers