Re: HTML 3.0

Lineaer Algebraiker (
Wed, 08 May 1996 11:33:38 +0200

To: Dave Carter <>
Subject: Re: HTML 3.0
Date: Wed, 08 May 1996 11:33:38 +0200
From: Lineaer Algebraiker <>

> Perhaps now we need a separate consortium to be set up to develop HTML
> 3.0, and to co-ordinate developments on the various browsers (Arena,
> Lynx-FM, udiWWW) which are at least partly HTML 3.0 compliant (and
> are FREE). I am not sure  I have the technical knowledge to contribute
> much, and certainly don't have the time, but after the HTML 3.2 fiasco
> we do need something to replace W3C.
> =

> Dave Carter
> =

> =

It would be nice to have HTML3.0 up and running on (at least) one browser=

before we bite each others head's off about 3.2 (oops! too late...)
-- =

James =D8. Baum
MA104 Line=E6r Algebra Fjernundervisningsprosjektet -
MA104 Linear Algebra 'Open University Project'
Institute of Mathematics, University of Oslo, Norway

PS Linux is *the* best OS out there - AND it's free! With Arena on linux =
I get =

better products than any of the commercial stuff, all for free (I *HATE* =

netscape2.1, which , by the way, does'nt even work as well as netscape1.1=
) =

PPS Standard disclaimer applies ;-)