Re: Opening multiple frames

Paul Derbyshire (ao950@FreeNet.Carleton.CA)
2 May 1996 01:37:14 GMT

From: ao950@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Paul Derbyshire)
Subject: Re: Opening multiple frames
Date: 2 May 1996 01:37:14 GMT

Boleslaw   Mynarski ( writes:
> Hi there,
> I know it's possible to open (or should I rather say change) the content in more
> than one frame at a time.  However,  do I have to write a cgi script or there is
> some kind of a tag that does it?
> Bolek,
> See you on the NET!
Let's say your FRAMESET loads a document into a frame called FRAME1 and
another into a frame named FRAME2.
The document in FRAME1 can change the document in FRAME2 to new.html like

When this anchor is clicked the new.html is loaded into the frame named

Also, if the user exits the frame-using area and tries to go back to the
main page the problem may arise where the whole thing ends up in the frame
still! Same with links off-site, until you have frames in frames ad
infinitum. Thus when leaving the frame-based area, get rid of the nav
palette or whatever by loading the new document not into the frame but
over all the frames like this:

Note the underscore.

    .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
 -()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a
         -- B. Mandelbrot  |  Paul Derbyshire (PGD)