Re: Digressions (was: Footnotes)

Francois Stragier (
Wed, 1 May 1996 16:13:04 +0200 (MET DST)

From: Francois Stragier <>
Subject: Re: Digressions (was: Footnotes)
To: (Murray Altheim)
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 16:13:04 +0200 (MET DST)

Murray Altheim said:
>     <PRE NOTATION="text/pascal">
>       NumToStr(paramPtr, theID, IDStr);
>       NumToStr(paramPtr, SizeResource(theResource), sizeStr);
>       BlockMove(@theType, POINTER(ORD4(@typeStr)+1), 4);
>     </PRE>
> or
>    The value <CODE NOTATION="text/pascal">paramPtr^.returnValue</CODE>
>    gets blah blah, etc.

I don't know SGML enough to be able to discuss the adequation of
"NOTATION" (Daniel W. Connolly discussed about it), but I'm not sure
that the syntax highlighting should appear in a <PRE> tag.

If you use <PRE>, you want to be sure that the ends of line appear
where you want. It may be worse than what a good browser could do,
given the size of the browser's window. Indentation for example, should
be handled by the browser...

 Francois Stragier - -
 Snail: 212 rue de Tolbiac - 75013 Paris - France - Phone: +33-1-