Re: <insert> and external entity references

Abigail (
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 16:58:42 +0100 (MET)

From: Abigail <>
Subject: Re: <insert> and external entity references
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 16:58:42 +0100 (MET)

Lilley wrote:
++  Benjamin C. W. Sittler writes:
++ > On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, Abigail wrote:
++ > > And what about user preferences? How
++ > > is a user supposed to set preferences, if each document can have
++ > > unknown elements?
++ CSS1 solves this with the cascade, so that user preferences and author
++ preferences both influence the final presentation. I am not sure how DSSSL
++ achieves this, but I expect it can - anyone care to describe the process?

I am not concerned about the technical implementations but how can I
as a user indicate I prefer my headings to be centered, if I do not
know which element is going to be used as headers? And that is
possible if each document has its own DTD. Perhaps it is possible,
I just cannot see how.

<URL:>  (Changed)