Re: Microsoft Internet Explorer DTD

Gerald Oskoboiny (gerald@cs.ualberta.ca)
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 21:48:25 -0700 (MST)

Subject: Re: Microsoft Internet Explorer DTD
From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@cs.ualberta.ca>
To: html-wg@w3.org, www-html@w3.org
Date: 	Wed, 13 Mar 1996 21:48:25 -0700 (MST)

Chris Wilson writes:

>Attached are files that comprise an SGML DTD which attempts to describe
>valid HTML markup for Microsoft Internet Explorer 2.0.

Excellent! It's really encouraging to see a vendor supplying a DTD for
a change.

If anyone wants to play with this without having to install it (or nsgmls)
locally, I just added this DTD to the Kinder, Gentler HTML Validator:
<URL:http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~gerald/validate/>.

(There's no textarea a la Halsoft/Webtechs yet... hopefully this weekend.
For now you have to put a file on the Web somewhere with an FPI of
"-//Microsoft//DTD Internet Explorer 2.0 HTML//EN" , and submit the
URL for that file to my service.)

Gerald
--
Gerald Oskoboiny  <gerald@cs.ualberta.ca>  http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~gerald/