Re: SRC attribute for HR/UL/DIR/MENU?

Walter Ian Kaye (
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 02:04:18 -0700

Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 02:04:18 -0700
From: Walter Ian Kaye <>
Subject: Re: SRC attribute for HR/UL/DIR/MENU?

At 10:22a +0100 06/17/96, Daniel Glazman wrote:

>May I ask then why HTML is standardized ? Usually, standardization (or at
>discussion) precedes implementation, right ? The current process seems to make
>things already obsolete the day they come out...

Like RS-232 is standard on PCs because IBM implemented it? It was obsolete
as soon as RS-422 came out, but PCs were stuck with the stupid teletype
standard which specified +15/-15 voltage swings that were needed to operate
the mechanical tty equipment. ::sigh::

 PS. Glossary time: RS = EIA Recommended Standard
                    EIA = Electronic Industries Association
 Trivia: Ten years ago the EIA decreed that RS- prefixes should be changed
 to EIA- prefixes (making it EIA-232, for example), but nobody listened...