Re: SRC attribute for HR/UL/DIR/MENU?

Daniel Glazman (
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:22:49 +0100

Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:22:49 +0100
From: (Daniel Glazman)
Subject: Re: SRC attribute for HR/UL/DIR/MENU?

In message <> 17 Jun 1996 10:08:09, wrote:

> > Why on earth was it removed?!
> Because Netscape doesn't support it.  HTML 3.2 brings us back
> on the level of HTML 2.0 - a DTD which describes current practice.
> Current practice == Netscape 2.x (more or less).

This is the second time in 24 hours I read such a comment !-(
And this is the second time HTML tries to join the state of art ! Sorry
to be crude but HTML runs after an army of ghosts !!!

May I ask then why HTML is standardized ? Usually, standardization (or at least
discussion) precedes implementation, right ? The current process seems to make
things already obsolete the day they come out...

I'd really like to be wrong because it would mean that WWW is now _really_
in developers' hands (guess who) and not any longer in the Internet community's hands...

</Daniel state=afraid>