Re: SRC attribute for HR/UL/DIR/MENU?

Daniel Glazman (Daniel.Glazman@der.edfgdf.fr)
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:22:49 +0100

Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:22:49 +0100
From: Daniel.Glazman@der.edfgdf.fr (Daniel Glazman)
To: abigail@mars.ic.iaf.nl
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: SRC attribute for HR/UL/DIR/MENU?

In message <31C51269.4BCBC264@mars.ic.iaf.nl> 17 Jun 1996 10:08:09, abigail@mars.ic.iaf.nl wrote:

> > Why on earth was it removed?!
>
> Because Netscape doesn't support it.  HTML 3.2 brings us back
> on the level of HTML 2.0 - a DTD which describes current practice.
> Current practice == Netscape 2.x (more or less).

This is the second time in 24 hours I read such a comment !-(
And this is the second time HTML tries to join the state of art ! Sorry
to be crude but HTML runs after an army of ghosts !!!

May I ask then why HTML is standardized ? Usually, standardization (or at least
discussion) precedes implementation, right ? The current process seems to make
things already obsolete the day they come out...

I'd really like to be wrong because it would mean that WWW is now _really_
in developers' hands (guess who) and not any longer in the Internet community's hands...

</Daniel state=afraid>