Re: SRC attribute for HR/UL/DIR/MENU?

Albert Lunde (Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu)
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 08:15:08 -0500 (CDT)

Subject: Re: SRC attribute for HR/UL/DIR/MENU?
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 08:15:08 -0500 (CDT)
From: Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu (Albert Lunde)

> > Because Netscape doesn't support it.  HTML 3.2 brings us back
> > on the level of HTML 2.0 - a DTD which describes current practice.
> > Current practice == Netscape 2.x (more or less).
> This is the second time in 24 hours I read such a comment !-(
> And this is the second time HTML tries to join the state of art ! Sorry
> to be crude but HTML runs after an army of ghosts !!!

My reading of previous statements is that while the HTML 3.2 spec
is an attempt to represent "Current practice", this isn't the
sole guiding principle for future specs from the W3C. Look around
their web site, and you can see a number of innovations.

--
    Albert Lunde                      Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu