Re: What about  ?

In article <960730211553_100320.1303_JHF56-1@CompuServe.COM>,
Jonathan Rosenne <100320.1303@CompuServe.COM> wrote:
> In any case, until i18n HTML is based on 8859-1. The definition of any
> character
> should be taken from 8859-1.

Then how do we define &trade;? I don't see anything wrong with thinking
up new entities, as long as you unambigously define which entity it
should be.

> It seems some people assumed NBSP's should be "collapsed", as applies to
> spaces.
> There are, however, many HTML and other applications that do not collapse
> NBSP,

Yes, but is there a *reason* for &nbsp; not to get collapsed, like the
normal space? In my opinion, (as well as the HTML 3 draft's), the
non-breaking space is simply a space where the line should not be
broken. If it occurs at a location away from the line end, it should
be treated as a normal space, including the collapsing.

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.