Re: Cougar: ideas for <A>,<INPUT>

Arnoud (
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 20:12:01 +0200

From: (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
Subject: Re: Cougar: ideas for <A>,<INPUT>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 20:12:01 +0200

In article <>,
"Marc Salomon" <> wrote:
> Nested forms, form submission inheritance and DEPENDS that you mention might
> work interestingly together.  But I believe that there would need to be some
> more complex dependency logic involved in DEPENDS than checking the selection
> of a checkbox or radio'd need to account for selected OPTIONS etc.

Well, that's why I use the ID attribute. The DEPENDS attribute could
take a comma-separated list of IDs, each of which identify a particular
form element. According to the specs, each ID should be unique for the
document, so there would be no conflicts like you'd get with NAME.

To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.
Finger for public key (key ID 0x416A1A35).
Anonymity and privacy site: <>