Different Language in HTML

Srivastava Nandini (nandini@henna.iitd.ernet.in)
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 16:09:15 +0530 (IST)

Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 16:09:15 +0530 (IST)
From: Srivastava Nandini <nandini@henna.iitd.ernet.in>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Different Language in HTML

Is there a way out there to view a language other than english in the
Netscape browser. i.e if i wish to have the hindi text written on the
browser(not the ps file) instaed of te english text, what do i do ?

My goal is : I want to view hindi text in the browser which supports html
. The text should be clikable as eng. text

1.) Am i required to design fonts for the desired language.
2.) Is there a software available for unix which lets me type hindi
characters on the screen. Something very similar to ITRANS by Avinash
Chopde at his URL http://www.paranoia.com/~avinash/itrans.html. Instead
of a PS file i want a unix file

Is it possible ? I heard sometimes back that Japanese have developed a
Japanese browser. Any hints ??????

nandini@iitd.ernet.in
Nandini Srivastava
ERNET Lab			phone(off.) : 91-11-6867431
Room No 128,Block VI                 (resi.): 91-11-3291822
Deptt of Comp.Sc. & Engg	fax  	    : 91-11-6868765
IIT Hauz Khas, N.Delhi-16	email       : nandini@iitd.ernet.in
				WWW         : http://www.iitd.ernet.in/~nandini