Re: help with frames

Abigail (abigail@tungsten.gn.iaf.nl)
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 03:44:36 +0100 (MET)

From: Abigail <abigail@tungsten.gn.iaf.nl>
Subject: Re: help with frames
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 03:44:36 +0100 (MET)

You, MegaZone wrote:
++
++ Sorry, I for one strongly desire seeing Frames as part of the standard.
++ In visiting sites that have implimented them, I've found the sites more user
++ friendly than any other sites I have seen.  It is especially useful for
++ product information - having an image static in one and generating data in
++ another window, or for indices ot tables of contents for online documenation.
++ A search engine interface in one and the results in another.

Maybe if one has a 2048 x 2048 screen. I usually find myself looking
at a small subscreen with the information, surrounded by a logo's
and navigation links - which ought to go in the _browsers_ toolbar,
not eating away my screen.

++ A damn better solution than having to bounce back and forth between pages.

A second window (at the _users_ which) is much better; something I have
been able to do for years.

Abigail