Re: help with frames

MegaZone (
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 18:11:24 -0800 (PST)

From: MegaZone <>
Subject: Re: help with frames
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 18:11:24 -0800 (PST)

Once upon a time scheckie irons shaped the electrons to say...
>circumvent netscape's kludgery.  That they do exist is a shining testament
>to netscape's PR, and to the unfortunate inability of this particular group
>of webmasters to think past trends.

Sorry, I for one strongly desire seeing Frames as part of the standard.
In visiting sites that have implimented them, I've found the sites more user
friendly than any other sites I have seen.  It is especially useful for
product information - having an image static in one and generating data in
another window, or for indices ot tables of contents for online documenation.
A search engine interface in one and the results in another.

A damn better solution than having to bounce back and forth between pages.

I'm holding off on inplimenting them for Livingston until some kinks are
worked out - and when I do I will do my best to grandfather older browsers -
but with Netscape having the user base it does, and MS's recent statement
that they will make IE a complete superset of NS, as time passes I expect
Frames to be a de facto standard if not a W3C spec.

If you have better solutions to provide the functionality of frames, I'd
love to hear it.

Although I work for Livingston Enterprises Technical Support, I alone am
responsible for everything contained herein.  So don't waste my managers'
time bitching to them if you don't like something I've said.  Flame me.
Phone: 800-458-9966  <>
FAX: 510-426-8951    6920 Koll Center Parkway #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566