Re: Frame document structure

Walter Ian Kaye (boo@best.com)
Sun, 29 Aug 1976 16:19:53 -0700

Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1976 16:19:53 -0700
To: www-html@w3.org
From: Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com>
Subject: Re: Frame document structure

At 2:37p +0300 08/29/96, Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:
>On Sat, 28 Aug 1976, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>
>> I'll have to re-read that proposal, but it didn't look like it supported
>> multi-document framesets.
>
>Good. This will ease navigation and make things a lot less confusing.

It depends on the particular application. For my Walter's Web page, frames
are purely a presentational device for a single page. HOWEVER, for my Osax
Reference page, multiple documents are a REQUIREMENT. Why? Well, you see,
the ONLY reason I converted that page into a frameset is because the size
of the reference is going to grow at least tenfold, and I don't want to
force users to load a 100K page!!! If all was in a single document, it
would be a horrible experience for anyone not on a T1 connection.