Re: Frames - does anyone like them?

At 1:02p -0700 08/25/96, David Perrell wrote:
>F. E. Potts wrote:
>> We wouldn't be having this discussion of frames if more frame pages
>> were as successful as this one is.
>
>But of course. Silly of me to think it wasn't my fault that this page
>didn't display correctly using either NSN 2 or MSIE 3.

Heh, well it's not all my fault either! Netscape only gives so many
options, as you know. One of my assumptions is a 12-pt font, btw.

At 1:33p -0700 08/25/96, David Perrell wrote:
>Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>> Unfortunately, no matter what I do with ROWS=, there's no mechanism
>for
>> specifying "size row to content" -- only pixels or % of window. :/
>> Hello, Netscape? Maybe size of -1 to autosize row to content? I
>don't care
>> if the window has to be redrawn to accomplish it...
>
>The style sheet proposal
>(http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/NOTE-layout.html) would solve this
>problem. You could size both font and frames in the same unit of
>measurement.
>
>Too bad NS wasn't able to include stylesheet support in 3.0. You'd at
>least have the option of setting font size in pixels.

::sigh:: Yeah, I can only do what I can with what they give me...

>BTW, when I wrote that the bottom frame on your page was "spacey" I
>didn't realize there was a mailto in there (I looked at the source

Ah, ok. Makes more sense mathematically now! ;)

>after reading Mr. Bro's message). The mailto is cropped out on my
>Win95 system using both MSIE and NSN.

Is your default font larger than 12-pt? That's the size I design to.