Re: Frames - does anyone like them?

Walter Ian Kaye (
Tue, 24 Aug 1976 10:49:39 -0700

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1976 10:49:39 -0700
From: Walter Ian Kaye <>
Subject: Re: Frames - does anyone like them?

At 9:21p -0700 08/21/96, David Perrell wrote:
>Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>> And one of the reasons that neither of my 2 frame-enabled pages
>> in that manner.
>Do you mean in the manner of making a site more easily
>navigable, or of use with JavaScript for maintaining control
>of the window?

The former. I currently am only using JavaScript for the onMouseOver=
attribute (sort of like a "ToolTips" thing).

>> My Walter's Web page does 'target="_parent"' in all its
>> links, so it works more like a "normal" page;
>Targeting parents? Is this "normal" these days? Personally, I like to
>target the _top with redundant framesets. Blow away the whole window.

Not sure what you mean by redundant framesets, but _parent and _top are
rather similar... I can't remember the exact distinction offhand.

>> and my new AppleScript OSAX
>> page <> only
>fills the
>> main frame with its own categories and nothing else.
>I needed to scroll the top frame to see the header for the second.
>Yet the bottom frame is very spacey.

Odd -- it's just the opposite on my system! Here I've got the bottom frame
tight, and the top frame spacey. Can anyone explain how that can be?