Re: Frames - does anyone like them?
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 07:51:57 -0700

Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 07:51:57 -0700
Subject: Re: Frames - does anyone like them? wrote:
|Just like any other specification language feature (and markup specification
|languages share a lot with programming languages here), frames can be

I'd go one step further and say that about all you *can* do with frames as
specified is misuse them.  While the need for scrolling regions within (and
outside of) an HTML doc is obvious, that doesn't obviate the shortcomings
of NS frames.  When it comes to integrating browser-side object state, focus
policy and navigation idioms in a manner approaching consistency, frames fail

The first cut of frames is yet another casualty of the rush to be first-to-
market for product differentiation regardless of how using those features
impacts users' data.

Is the feature gap going to be the missile gap of the 90's?