Re: What are the problems with IDML?

Ka-Ping Yee (
Sat, 17 Aug 1996 15:56:14 +0900

Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 15:56:14 +0900
From: Ka-Ping Yee <>
To: Stephanos Piperoglou <>
Cc: Matthew James Marnell <>,
Subject: Re: What are the problems with IDML?

Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:
> META and LINK tags should, as I view it, be more standardized. If you could
> define author name, email address, index, back and forward and the browser
> recognized these, then everyone's life would be easier since every browser
> could have a toolbar or whatever that includes options like "Back",
> "Forward", "Index" and "Mail" that could be used by all pages...

You can already do this.  Lynx can e-mail back someone based
on the link relationship "MADE"; WebTraveler, Lexicon, and
others can understand "NEXT", "PREV", and so on.  I don't see
why both Microsoft and Netscape have chosen to ignore outright
such a useful feature.

Ping (Ka-Ping Yee): Developer, Alias|Wavefront Inc. (Tokyo)
   Don't wait: use mathematics in your web pages TODAY with
   the world's first browser-independent expression system.