Re: To <P> or not to <P>

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996, Marcus E. Hennecke wrote:

> No, this is not true. The closing </P> tag was never required in any
> of the HTML versions. Any browser that requires </P> in order to work
> properly is broken.

Cheer everyone, we found another reason why Netscape is broken. :-)

My rash reply yesterday was a bit badly thought out. But Netscape will
refuse to render a paragraph which is ended by the beginning of a
non-paragraph block-level element as it does those ended by a P.

It looks ugly. when it shouldn't.

= Stephanos Piperoglou = stephanos@hol.gr = http://users.hol.gr/~stephanos/ =
  Four lines in a .sig can't say enough about why you should visit my page!
"I want peace on earth and good will toward man"
"We're the United States Government, we don't do that sort of thing!"
                                    [ from the film "Sneakers" ]

                                                       ...oof porothika! (tm)