Re: Netscape 3.0...A Long Way to Go

Bill Gianopoulos (
13 Aug 1996 15:58:55 -0400

From: (Bill Gianopoulos)
Subject: Re: Netscape 3.0...A Long Way to Go
Date: 13 Aug 1996 15:58:55 -0400

Benjamin Franz <> writes:

>I find their market percentage stats much more interesting. My current
>numbers put Netscape at 81.5%, MSIE at 12.4% and everyone else together at
>6.1%. The stats on their page show Netscape at 87.6%, MSIE at 2.6%, and

If you go to the Abstract of the IDC Global Internet User Survey at:

you will find that this was a Web based survey of users who browsed by their
site.  What do you want to bet Netscape had a link to the URL on there Home
page and there What's New and What's Cool lists?

William A. Gianopoulos; Raytheon Company
This is my personal opinion and not that of my employer.