Re: What about  ?

In article <v01540b01ae2792d291d3@[194.150.2.68]>,
jbaagoe@planete.net (Johannes Baagoe) wrote:
> In a message dated 20:37 1/08/96, Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet wrote:
> >I have never understood the reason as to why HTML 2 says that use of
> >the non-breaking space is discouraged. Perhaps it was a valid concern
> >at the time of writing, when few browsers supported it. But now almost
> >every browser does.
>
> Non-breaking spaces are necessary, e.g., to write good French. French

Well, they'r also quite useful in other languages, even in English.
For example, to protect initials and last names getting separated, or
to keep "Chapter" and "5" together.

And since HTML is now trying to be more international, doesn't this
indicate that &nbsp; should become MORE important?

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.