Re: What about  ?

In article <v03007804888858bf5790@[205.149.180.135]>,
Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com> wrote:
> At 8:33p +0200 08/01/96, Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet wrote:
> >Eh? I thought it was defined as "connects two non-whitespace sequences
> >in such a way the line will not be broken between the two."
>
> And this behavior just happens to be fulfilled by simply treating the
> nonbreaking-space as non-whitespace. And since non-whitespace does not
> collapse, &nbsp; is "protected" from collapsing. No special treatment
> was necessary, no special treatment was specified, and so no special
> treatment was ever applied to &nbsp;. Why start now?

Because &nbsp; is a _space_ and as such should be collapsed. That's
my main argument here. I do not see a *reason* that &nbsp;&nbsp; should
be treated any different from "  ".

> No, it only *looks* like a space. (Why does this remind me of Dan Rather?;)

The name *says* it's a space. :-)

Who's Dan Rather?

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.