Re: Inline macros

From: erik <erik@inch.com>
>> Scripting features in HTML _is_ a topic for this list, and we
>> can learn how _not_ to do it by examining JavaScript
>
>What is needed in HTML is a way to allow arbitrary NON-SGML
>sections in a document.....(embedded perl...embedded
>java...etc.).  This way we can stop the threat of w3's
>obsolescence.

	You are thinking only in terms of Netscape's "first pass"
implementation of SCRIPT.  Look at it's generalization in the
08-Feb-96 W3C working draft for SCRIPT, and mentally update it's
references to INSERT with the 12-Apr-96 OBJECT draft.  Here's
what one of it's examples becomes, which appears to be exactly
what you are seeking:

    <object
       id="perl"
       classid="progid:Perl.Interpreter"