Re: VRML

James Tauber SunLabs - SML (James.Tauber@east.sun.com)
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 11:33:57 -0400

Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 11:33:57 -0400
From: James.Tauber@east.sun.com (James Tauber SunLabs - SML)
To: www-html@w3.org, eric@gauthier.centre.edu
Subject: RE: VRML

This thread should really be on www-talk, but while we're here...

> I think VRLM is going to take over the web, but it will be several=20
> years before that happens mainly because of machine speed...

While I think it will have a big impact in some areas, I disagree with =
"take=20
over the web" because I think there are a large number of applications =
for which=20
you gain nothing having VR instead of just rich text.

Speed aside, I find VRML browsers difficult to use. They just aren't =
suited to=20
navigating most of the stuff I'm interested in. That having been said, I =
think=20
VRML will be awesome for some things---but just *some*.

James