Re: VRML

Eric Gauthier (eric@gauthier.centre.edu)
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 10:59:54 -0400 (EDT)

From: Eric Gauthier <eric@gauthier.centre.edu>
Subject: RE: VRML
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 10:59:54 -0400 (EDT)

Well,

I think VRLM is going to take over the web, but it will be several
years before that happens mainly because of machine speed...
We're not talking about converting a bunch of 286 DOS users -
from my understanding Pentium machines are barely fast enough
to truely use VRML.  There is another advantage that no one has mentioned -
file size.  Although I am not overly familiar with VRLM, the files should be
considerably smaller than the larger images on some pages.  Since its
3-D and faster to download, it should be seen as an imporvement
(although it will eat processor time...).  Well, that's my $.02...

Eric :)
eric@roxanne.centre.edu