Is an HTML BBS feasible?

Warren (hyer@tigger.jvnc.net)
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 21:50:58 EST5EDT

To: www-html@w3.org
From: hyer@tigger.jvnc.net (Warren "Clint" Hyer)
Subject: Is an HTML BBS feasible?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 21:50:58 EST5EDT

This subject has not been discussed in the year I have been subscribing to
this list.  I hope it is on target for this group.

I would like to start a user-friendly, Web-based bulletin board system which
would allow people to take part in discussions using only their Web browser.

The concept seems simple enough.

A person would come to the home (top) page and select a hyperlink to a
discussion topic.

Eash topic page would function as a separate forum/newsgroup.

Is the concept feasible or have I missed something?  Has anyone seen something
like this in practice?

TIA

Clint Hyer, General Partner     clint@hyer.com
hyer.com productions
Princeton NJ  08543-2003
		"Effective Communications for the Internet"