Re: FOOTNOTE element

Donald=Greer@tsl.texas.gov
Fri, 10 Mar 95 17:48:36 CST

Date: Fri, 10 Mar 95 17:48:36 CST
From: Donald=Greer@tsl.texas.gov
Subject: Re: FOOTNOTE element
To: www-html@www10.w3.org

  Most of the discussion I've seen on foot notes is very interesting, and the
idea of a <fn>/</fn> tag pair IS more eligant that point to an external file,
but won't the use of the <a href="#footnote">[1]</a> do just as nicely?  It
would also solve problems of printability if the user should want to print the
web page (because the notes can be grouped together at the end of the document
or some such).  No changes to browsers or the DTD needed.
  Is there something complex I'm missing here (there often is :^).
  Don