Discussion about XHTML Conformance Suite

From: Shane P. McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:05:31 -0500
To: www-html-testsuite@w3.org
Hello all!

Let me introduce myself.  I am Shane McCarron from Applied Testing and
Technology.  For some time now I have been an invited expert to the HTML
Working Group. That group has asked me to look into building conformance
test technology for XHTML. In my role at ApTest (and earlier) I have
substantial experience in building web-based conformance test
technology, as well as managing associated trademark licensing
programs.

So I would like to start discussing the purpose of an XHTML test suite,
and the requirements for such a test suite.  What I propose is that the
interested parties send in their requirements for a test suite (to this
mailing list), and that we together discuss what the target audience is
for the tests and the intended use of the tests.

I will send my thoughts about target audience in a separate message.
--
Shane P. McCarron                  phone: +1 763 786-8160
ApTest                               fax: +1 763 786-8180