Re: Discussion about XHTML Conformance Suite

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:55:11 +0200
To: shane@aptest.com, www-html-testsuite@w3.org
At 10:05 -0500 18/10/00, Shane P. McCarron wrote:
>Let me introduce myself.  I am Shane McCarron from Applied Testing and
>Technology.  For some time now I have been an invited expert to the HTML

Thank you Shane for your presentation.

>So I would like to start discussing the purpose of an XHTML test suite,
>and the requirements for such a test suite.  What I propose is that the
>interested parties send in their requirements for a test suite (to this
>mailing list), and that we together discuss what the target audience is
>for the tests and the intended use of the tests.

* Mail
	First we must define mail flag policy for the subject like

xhtml 1.0 TS0001 -> will be the Test TS0001 for the XHTML 1.0 Test-Suite.

* Announcement
	I propose that you announce in your respective working group,
the existence of this list and so the possibility to address comments
about produced tests.

* Build a series of test for each recommendation that absolutely need
to have comments to help people to understand it. We need also to
build a document for the use of this test
* We need a DEADLINE to focus on what must be done. Please, give us
your deadlines.

* I propose to host the Test Suite on the W3C Website at
		http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Test/

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/