XHTML Strict 1.1 Validation vs 1.0

From: SRJC <jsengstack@santarosa.edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 22:10:18 -0700
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

Hi:

I teach HTML at the Santa Rosa Junior College in Santa Rosa, CA. I
expect all student work to pass XHTML 1.0 Strict validation. I see now
that XHTML 1.1 is an option. I'm not sure this is a new development or
if I just happened to stumble across it for the first time. I just
noticed it in the Tidy Firefox plug-in.

Should we change our validation to 1.1? Is there a validator for 1.1? If
we should be validating to 1.1, what do we need to do differently?

Thank you,

Jeff Sengstack